Need a Panel Upgrade?
How Do You Know If Your Electrical Panel Needs a Repair or an Upgrade?
There are a few signs that may indicate that your electrical panel needs a repair or an upgrade:
1. Frequent tripping of circuit breakers or blowing of fuses: This may indicate that the panel is overloading and not able to handle the electrical demands of your home or business.
2. Scorch marks or discoloration on the panel: This may indicate an electrical problem or a potential fire hazard.
3. Old and outdated panel: If your electrical panel is more than 20 years old, it may not be able to handle the electrical demands of modern appliances and devices.
4. Lack of sufficient power outlets: If you find yourself constantly using extension cords or power strips, it may be a sign that your panel is not able to provide enough power to your home or business.
5. Humming or buzzing noises coming from the panel: This may indicate an electrical problem or a potential fire hazard.
It's always best to consult with a licensed electrician to determine if your panel needs a repair or an upgrade.
How Would a Professional Electrician Upgrade or Repair a Residential Electrical Panel?
- A professional electrician would upgrade or repair a residential electrical panel by first turning off the power to the panel.
- They would then assess the condition of the panel and any issues that need to be addressed.
- If the panel needs to be upgraded, the electrician would remove the old panel and install a new one that meets current code requirements.
- If the panel is being repaired, the electrician would make the necessary repairs, such as replacing a circuit breaker or tightening loose connections.
- Once the work is completed, the electrician would test the panel to ensure it is functioning properly and safely before restoring power to the panel.
Let us help you fix your electrical problems-contact us today!